Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Christmas

Totally posted this late haha!!

Yes, I am late posting about this! I haven't been blogging much. But here we go.

I was so excited for Christmas this year..
Our first Christmas as a family
In our new home
Together
My first time playing Santa ;)

Christmas eve will always be kind of a hard/sad day because of the tragic incident last year. But we try to make it the best we can.
Christmas Day is very special to me. Yes, It's Christs birthday and I think of him. But..It's the time of year when I was falling in love with my Corbin. I remember falling in love.. the feeling of being so happy that you can't wrap your head around it. The feeling where you can't breath. The feeling where you can't sleep because all you do is think how perfect someone is and how they treat you like a princess. I'll never forget it!! <3
Christmas time is also when Chloee became my best lil friend. I will never forget the first time Chloee and I saw eachother, she was tired after a long day and wanted ice cream but she was sad she had to go to bed. Her Mimi was holding her and she looked at me from across the room. We just had a special bond moment, like we knew eachother. We just stared at eachother for it felt like minutes. But it was probley just 10 seconds! She was by far the cutest little girl I had ever seen.
I dont know how, but at that very moment I knew she was very special to me and I wanted to get to know her more and more.

Anyways, on with our first Christmas.

On Christmas Eve we opened our Christmas Eve pajamas. (Thank you Father/Mother-In-Love!)
We baked cookies for Santa
Watched The Santa Claus
Chloee wrote Santa a list/letter
We put out the milk and cookies
Read a Christmas book
And off to bed she was! To sleep very good so that Santa would come ;)
Corbin and I enjoyed our night and sat in the dark room with the Christmas tree/Christmas lights talking and snuggling. <3









It was so fun to put out all the presents, being as quiet as we could. Corbin writing Chloee back in cursive (from Santa) and taking a big bite out of the cookies and drank the milk.

Chloee woke up at 4:00 a.m.! She came into our room so excited for Christmas and presents.
We were sooo tired but the excitement woke us up a bit.
Corbin got the camera ready and recorded her walking out to the living room. Her face was so cute.. eyes opened real big, lil smile in awe, walking slowly to the presents...
We all sat down and she just stared at the presents! We told her to start opening them.
Since there were so many, half way through she got kinda bored (Not quite sure how since she had all new toys!) She said there were too many to open haha! We could tell she was VERY tired. We had her go back to bed, when she woke up she was more excited and finished opening her gifts. Her favorite was her Kitchen, her giant pillow pet and these little animal toys.
Corbin and I enjoyed ourselves!






Later my mom and sisters came over, I'm so greatful they were able to come. I sure missed them! We went to church then came back and made a Christmas breakfast, opened more presents and just hung out!! All in all.. Chloee got SO spoiled with so many toys she didn't know what to do with herself!

This year we were able to take traditions we both had with our families as we grew up and make new traditions for ours!!

A few extra photos from december:

Painting a Christmas craft

Mimi and Chlo at a fesival sled set up
 Chlo and Santa
I got paid to wrap a buncha gifts!









No comments:

Post a Comment