Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day Dad!

Okay, so before I write, I just want to tell you there are no words to describe how great my dad is. But I'll do my best.

I don't have much child hood memories before I was 7. I think it is cause I blocked it out somehow? At seven, my parents divorced, my grandpa died, and my mom got thyroid cancer. But I know everything happens for a reason!

I didn't really understand why they split, but I do now. Sometimes people just fall out of love. But it's okay because they are both re-married and happy which makes me happy! I have an amazing step-mom and step-dad. Also amazing step bros and sisters :) I got very lucky because I know a lot of people that dislike their steps. Like my step mom always says, "The only steps in our house are the stairs." (Or something like that! :) )


When my dad was 19, he served a mission in South Africa. It was a perfect mission for him!
He would see random elephants just on the road. He even road an ostrich!
Elephants remind me of my dad. They are his favorite animal and now becoming mine. Everytime I see a picture of one, I think of him.


He also had a love for Tarzan, not just the disney movie.. but I remember when I was little, he would always watch the old Tarzan shows, and I would snuggle up with him.


Everytime my sis and I would ride in his car growing up, we loved listening to the Tarzan soundtrack.. we could sing every song. The song, You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins, reminds me of him. I love that song and wanna cry everytime I hear it :)


My dad LOVES Mountain Dew and Peanut M&M's.
 My dad LOVES the mountains and nature!


After the divorce, my dad moved to my grandparents house. There was the HUGE downstairs.. they had a biiig open room, 2 rooms and 1 bathroom. It was always fun to go over there. I would bring my friends over and we would call that big room our "gymnastics" room. We'd play and play and play.
Thats where I have most of my memories of my other grandpa (died a few years ago). After dinner, he would dish us all some ice cream. He would always say, "Be careful, that icecream will get in your mouth!" Haha. Oh grandpa :)

My dad ended up finding the perfect condo. I loved the way he decorated, you could tell only he would live there! Each room had a different African animal theme. Kitchen: giraffe, bathroom: monkey, other bathroom: bamboo, mine and KaRynns room: zebra, living room: elephant, his work out room: gorilla, his room: leopard and the office was all his Tarzan stuff!!


I loved it!! We would always go to the pool to swim, my sis and I would always race to get the first shower, go to the pond to feed the ducks, get our favorite Papa Murphy's pizza on weekends, read our Harry Potter books together, watch disney channel while eating the best turkey sandwiches, collect all the snails outside to put in a bucket, paint and do arts and crafts, play on the weird stairs, draw in my scetch book, christmas where we got a butt load of presents, when KaRynn got her doggy Rambo.. brought him over and he was so tiny puppy that he ran into the wall.
I miss this. All of this.
I wish so bad I had pictures to post.

My dad is a nature lover. He loves the mountains. He would always take us hiking and camping!Bear Lake is one of his favorites. One time we went backpacking with my aunt, uncle and cousins and it was SO much fun. He definitely helped me to enjoy this beautiful earth we have!!

Donut Falls was my favorite place to go hiking with him!

When I was younger my dad was an Eagle scout den leader..or something like that. He is theee beeest story teller. He can do different voices, make the story intense and make everyone laugh!
He was so good at stories and scout stuff he made a couple books called, Crazy Cory books!
He also has written a few books and is now currently writing another. Go dad!

My dad started dating Terilyn, my step-mom. I remember when he first introduced us to her we went to the Mayan. Of course, my dad loved the Mayan, too! KaRynn and I loved her!
They ended up dating for a while and we got to know her kids and we all became close. When my dad asked us for permission to ask Terilyn to marry him, we. were. SO. happy and excited!!

They got married and together they have 9 kids!! Haha. So much to love! I know they complete each other and are very happy together. I love all of them and Terilyn!
They found the perfect house and made it their new home together. It has a huge back yard and is perfect for the family and all the grandkids coming along!
This picture was a couple years ago.. missing Trevor and Kayla! 3 of us are married now and there are more grand kiddo's to add also.
Need a new family picture!

I was always such a daddy's girl and always wanted to be around him. Jr. High came around and I let my friends get in the way of going to visit my dad. I very much regret that because I lost a lot of time with him that I can never get back.
My dad and I then became not so close. It was hard for me and I know it was hard for him too. I would go to his house for dinner every now and then or for holidays. During Jr. High and High school I did a lot of growing up and things just weren't the same. I remember always having a hard time when seeing people and being close to their dads. I don't know why I couldn't just go be close with my dad again.

I was in active from the church in my school years and while Corbin was in boot camp, I realized I just really wanted to get back to going to church. I didn't want to go to my old ward, because of some people.

Around that time, 2010, I was getting ready for work and got a horrible call from my step mom. She said my dad had a heart attack. I didn't know what to think. I don't know how I drove to the hospital while bawling my eyes out, scared to death my dad wasn't going to make it.
I got there and they were in the middle of a heart surgery. One side of his heart was 100% blocked and the other side was 90% blocked. scary, Scary, SCARY. The surgery went well and we got to see him. That heart attack made me realize I could have lost him, so I needed him in my life more!
My poor dad had to stop drinking his favorite Mountain Dew!!

I started going to church with him and my step-mom, it was great! I was learning a lot that I missed. My dad shared his testimony in church and with me at his home. We then started becoming closer and I was loving my life.

Corbin came home and we realized we wanted to be together, get married and someday go to the temple together. We later got married and I ended up moving here to Cali! I miss seeing my dad but make sure to see him every time we visit! I miss him dearly.

I can't wait to get sealed to my Corbin and Chloee next week. My dad is a big part of helping me get there. Thank you a million dad!!


My dad is the biggest sweetheart and wouldn't hurt a fly. He is very emotional and thats where I get it from! I have a lot of my dads characteristics and proud of it. I look up to him more than he knows. He has helped me get to where I am now and I couldn't thank him enough.

Happy Fathers Day Dad!

I love you always daddy and will always be your little girl. XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment