Saturday, October 18, 2014

Grateful


When we moved back from California I got a job that I enjoyed for 9 months. But.. I never had a set schedule and it was hard to plan things around my husband during his full time school and my daughter in 2nd grade. It was time for a new job.

I ended up getting hired back at Jordan Valley Dental, where I worked 3 years ago before I moved. Except, instead of being an assistant, I was hired for front office administration. I was excited to work there again but nervous for the new job responsibilities and training. 

I was overwhelmed at first with all the tasks I would need to learn and remember. Each day just seemed to add more and more things to remember. 

A couple weeks later Corbin and I were called to our bishops office. Corbin had just been called to the Young Men's President (which he is awesome at!) a few weeks ago so we thought it might be to give me a new calling. I went in there not thinking much of it because I had other things on my mind. The Bishop then let us know that he called us in to give me a new calling. (I was currently a Primary teacher and in the Welcoming Committee, which I loved!)

He called me to be the Young Women's President. At that point my mind felt exhausted already before even accepting. I started crying. I was so honored to have been called to that that important calling. Yet I was so confused and overwhelmed, thinking, why me? Why right now? I felt too young!

I accepted the calling, though it was a hard decision. 

After I accepted, I knew I did the right thing. I knew the Bishop truly felt inspired that I was the one to be called. Only the adversity would tell me otherwise. 

I knew I had a lot of experience, love and advice to help the girls. I want to be there for them. I want to help teach them what I believe in my heart to be true. 

After a lot of praying and contemplating I became more excited to take on this responsibility. 

A quote from Bonnie Oscarson came to mind. "Where much is required, much more will be given."

My husband is so supportive. He reminds me that God won't give me anything I can't handle. He reminds me that I am a great leader and will be able to help these young women and that age is just a number!



Together we will be in charge of the whole youth program of our ward. We are ready to work side by side as presidents to fulfill our callings the best that we can.

I'm grateful for my new job and my new calling. I'm grateful for the challenges my Heavenly Father has given me to grow and learn. I'm grateful for a supportive husband. I'm grateful for a daughter who roots for me saying, you can do it mommy! And most of all, I am grateful for my Heavenly Father for trusting me to lead his YW!

And tomorrow will be my first lesson on why it is important to be grateful.

I can do hard things...... :)


D&C 78:19
   And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.






2 comments:

  1. I love you. So stinking much! You are going to be a fantastic leader to those young women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Melissa! You are strong and will be an amazing leader to these girls! They need you right now and The Lord know you are the perfect person to take on this task. He will bless and guide you all the way. Lean on him and your husband and other leaders and you will not fail. I am so proud of you Karalee! I love you!

    ReplyDelete