Sunday, June 2, 2013

Girls on the Go Half Marathon

That morning was a stressful one!
I woke up 50 minutes late and had to rush myself, Corb and Chlo out the door!
Thanks for babe driving and getting us there in time! 
Got there with 15 minutes left to hit the bathroom, grab my shirt, bib, take a pic, take a breather and I was OFF!



 Here we go!

 Beautiful run around the bay!
About mile 3

 About mile 6

 PERFECT running weather

Yes I took that while I was running!
About mile 7


At mile 10 I was having a rough time. My pace slowed down significantly and I just felt my legs burning. I had to give myself mental pep talks to keep a nice jog. I had to stop and walk every couple minutes but once I saw a little old lady in front of me I thought there's no way she's crossing the finish before me! Yes! Found some motivation. Once I hit mile 12 I just went for it in pain!

 Mile 12
Sun came out and it got hot real quick.


Last mile!! Corbin caught a short video of me. 
It hurt so good!!




"Go mommy, go!" Best motivation ever ;)

Finally to the finish! 13.1 miles! My time was 2h43m
My only goal was to finish faster then my last half.
Shaved off a good 13 minutes! (But my last one had a bunch of hills)
Next half, I'll be a little faster :)


 Earned that medal! And a shower.

I felt like and laying down and crying right there haha but I needed that finished pic!




 Cant wait for the next one!!!!

Happy National Running Day!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh honey I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Great job!! I love that you saw the old lady and kicked it harder! Way to work girl!

    ReplyDelete