Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Moving home!! December 2013

It came. It FINALLY CAME! 
It was a long time coming. We knew it would be hard. And it was.. It was a lot harder than I thought. 
BUT we were very blessed during Corbs time in the Marine Corps. 
The last 4 months kept stretching out longer than expected but we knew why we needed to stay. :)

It was bitter sweet seeing our house so empty! 


Chlo "helping" ;)

Gonna miss these beautiful sunsets!!

Enjoying the pier for the last time before we moved!








SO many thoughts were running through our minds. We were going to miss our lives in Cali but we were very much ready for the next chapter. 


Beautiful Chloee. I wonder what her cute little mind was thinking of in this picture..

Melissa dropped guacamole on her shirt and didn't notice till we got to Wal Mart haha! 

This might sound silly but one of the hardest things to say goodbye to were the streets of Camp Pendleton. I would run those streets 4-5 days a week. Call me crazy but my last run there I got emotional. That is where I grew to be a runner and I can't tell you how much I miss running them already!!!!

 Last day at our awesome ward. 

Waiting to MOVE home!


All ready to go.
It felt so weird handing in our keys!!


And we're off!!
Corb and Dave in the truck. Melissa, Chlo and I in the car :)

She was already to go with her pillow pet and her new seat pet she earned :)

Last stop at the "Quickie"

On the road...
It still hadn't hit me that we were moving home. 





We could see the snow storm we were about to drive through.

SNOW!!! We've missed you!

Once we got there Mindy greeted me as I got out of the car! It was so good to see her and everyone that we've missed! We are so grateful for Mindy and Luke to let us stay in their home till we find a place:) Seriously.. So. Grateful. 

I remember being so excited to get out of Utah. I didn't know how much I would miss it. I definitely took being with family for granted. Now we can't get enough of seeing everyone!

Goodbye to the military life and hello civillan world again! Don't have to give Corb a hair cut e v e r y week, he can grow out his beard and we can go to the store in our sweats! YES! jk.. it wasn't that bad ;)


We are just so happy to be back to good ol' Utah :)


No comments:

Post a Comment