Sunday, July 3, 2016

Ragnar Wasatch Back '16

There are two words to describe Ragnar: Miserable Fun.

I look forward to going every year although I know it will be challenging and can be really, really hot! But running Ragnar is more than just running a race, it's an experience. You build friendships, connect with other runners, find that you can enjoy running on lack of sleep, it challenges your endurance and you enjoy company with other runners while living in a decorated van. A party from sun up to sun down to sun up to sun down again. Oh, and no showers... 

Our team is called Leagally Dead because our captain is an attorney. He makes us fun shirts to rep his practice. He is awesome and always takes care of his team! We love him! 
(All of my pictures are just from Van 2 though.)
We always decorate with a skeleton (Mr. Bones) sitting in a chair on top of the vans wearing the law tech shirt. We get a lot of stares and laughs out of it. 

This year I think my 3 legs added up to about 16 miles. My first leg had a nice breeze until the last mile it was VERY hot, some hills but mostly running along a bike trail and some neighborhoods. My second leg at about 1 or 2 AM was just UPHILL. I had to really push myself but had some good motivating music and the cool night felt so good. I really enjoyed it. My last leg was pretty hot but I ran down the canyon and had a lot of shade from trees. My legs were pretty tired and shaky trying to run down the hills. I couldn't decide if I liked chugging up steep hills or run/sliding very fast down steep hills. But I made a friend on the way down and I enjoyed the beautiful canyon!

Although we are team Leagally Dead, we like to throw in our Running to cure CF shirts as well. Missing our Mindy this year! Love my runner BFF's:)



Excited to get started!


Last mile of my first leg and loving life.

Passing off the slap bracelet to awesome Jen!

Do I look tired?


Ready to run the night away.

Momcat putting glow in the dark bracelets on Mr. Bones.

Janelle (trying) to get some sleep with the sun shining. And eating some vitamin C :)

A beautiful view!

Brenda killed the Ragnar Hill!!


A view from my 3rd leg. Loved it!



Mindi probably feeling like Mr. Bones at this point! 

At the end waiting for our last runner to come through!





Aaaaand we did it! 200 miles later:)
These ladies rocked it. You all did amazing. Including Van 1!






So tired that I put my shirt on backwards...

My tradition to enjoy my accomplishment:)

Can't wait to go again!



No comments:

Post a Comment