Tuesday, October 20, 2015

St. George Marathon! '15

After training, I was ready to run this marathon! I could. not. wait.
Blisters after blisters, long run after long run. It was time.

Since Melissa, Mindy and I were all running it, we decided to make a family trip out of it. We rented an awesome condo in St. George to stay for the long weekend!


"What did I getting myself into?!" ;)

 

Driving down

She is such a great traveler. And thank goodness for electronics...

View from the condo, not bad at all!


Heading to a delicious Mexican restaurant but sick of the car!






Posing in front of the pumpkins at the store. Cutie.

Just a quick 20 minute run the day before the marathon



Throwing the football and frisbee from the balcony

Minds and I playing with Chloee and her thousands of beanie boo's!
They were having a "talent show"
Mindy and I were laughing so hard we were crying




Waiting for everyone to wake up!


Breakfast with daddy

Chlo and Addy playing:)

Went to the pool!




Some random place by the condo..

Happy girl

Woke up pretty early 3 or 3:30 ish? to head to the busses!


Found our running friends for team Minderella!
Melissa got everyone cool shirts that say "Running to cure CF" <3



I just love this picture. 
We trained all those EARLY Saturday morning long runs together and we are finally here and ready to rock! 

 4am bus ride up the canyon 26 miles...

"Are we really doing this?! What is happening!"

Mile 2 or 3, felt so good! 


I wish I took more pictures! The course was beautiful.

When we started, it was perfect temperature! Not too cold thank goodness. Minds, Melissa and I all started out together and ran with each other for the first few miles. I love that we all share this love of running! My pace is a little slower than theirs so when I would try to keep up I would get some side aches. Had to stick with what I was comfortable with! I didn't want those to get worse like Ragnar earlier this year... .so I stuck to my pace and they stuck to theirs! Happy running!


The first half was a breeze, felt so good and had a wonderful time enjoying the run. Once I hit mile 19, I totally "hit a wall." I was so tired. My legs were done and I was experiencing my first shin splint. It wasn't to the point where I couldn't walk on it but it was starting to get uncomfortable.
 When I knew it was time for some Advil or Ibeprophen, my little baggie in my running belt wasn't there... IT WAS GONE. No no no. There was no way I could run 7 more miles with my leg pain. I ended up walking the next mile or so. I was stressed because I didn't want my family to have to wait for me for so long. I had to keep moving.
 I felt inspired to ask a runner walking a long beside me if they had any pain reliever to spare. She was so kind and said she always packs extra.. just in case. I was SO grateful for her. Also for the volunteers who rubbed icy hot on my legs. I finally felt good to run again and be on my merry way! Slower, but at least moving a long!
At about mile 23 it started to warm up. By mile 24, I ran past a lady handing out zip locks with ice in it ... my saving mercy! It felt SO good to put that on my neck and arms. The best part about it was drinking the ice cold water when it melted. That got me through to the last mile.
 Thanks random lady!!



I've never been so happy to see a finish line... 
Corb and Chlo were there with a poster they made and I LOVED IT.
Melissa and Mindy waiting at the end!
I was so glad to be done!


Coming through the finish! I can feel the hurt as I type this haha





I did it. It was an amazing experience.
The most exciting, exhausting, challenging thing I've ever done.
I felt as though I didn't do as well as my training runs and I was expecting to do better but I realized I should never have expectations at races!! I was proud of myself for finishing.
And proud of Mindy my sis who killed it! She rocked CF!!
And proud of Melissa running with her neck/arm pain!!
I've learned that unless you've got a broken leg, runners need to finish no matter the circumstance...

My cute poster!


 Best supporters ever!
Through the training and traveling here for the race:)
*I love them past infinity*

Gotta do the ice bath! Brrr!! A fun memory:)
 Warning....

Next picture are my post marathon blistered feet....

Look at your own risk.

....

Seriously.

A total of 11 blisters.

Gross haha



That is a ton of freakin' steps in one day. Sheesh.




Until next time St. George!
 On the road again...
Really trucks? Really!

My tradition after each race is to hang my medal and bib on my headboard!
Just to enjoy the accomplishment a little longer.

Philippians 4:13

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” 

Thanks for reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment